- Job Title: Human Resource Officer
- Location: Kampala-Head Office
- Reporting to: HR Manager
- Probationary Period: 3 months
Human Resource Officer
Reporting to the HR Manager, the role is responsible for providing business partnership support in the use of BPIL’s human resources.
The Human Resource Officer will work with the HR Manager to support Line Managers across BPIL, enabling them to build and nurture the high – performing teams necessary to run their business efficiently while integrating all HR initiatives that support strategic projects. Effectiveness will depend on one’s ability to develop quick and credible relationships throughout the company and gain the commitment and confidence of the teams he/she supports.
The vision and mission of Biyinzika Poultry International Limited is to empower our employees and support our customers through delivery of quality products and services to bring about positive change within our homes, businesses and communities. Biyinzika …it is possible.
Support the efficiency of HR policy and systems to enable company trust and professionalism:
- Work with Line Managers to circulate and ensure implementation of the HR Policy and Procedures manual
- Advise the HR Manager on any changes that need to be made in the policy manual periodically
- All policies and systems are included in the induction of staff with monthly policy alerts
- Ensure that the monthly policy alerts are discussed during team meetings across departments
Recruitment and Selection
- Advise Managers on recruitment procedures and follow up on necessary approvals to ensure timely recruitment of staff.
- Develop job adverts and ensure adverts are widely spread to attract the best candidates.
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure staff has current and updated job frameworks.
- Set up interviews, work with HOD’s to select efficient interview panels, make interview notes and reference checks accordingly.
Recruitment and Selection
- Advise managers on recruitment procedures and make follow up on necessary approvals to ensure timely recruitment of staff
- Develop job adverts and ensure adverts are widely spread to attract the best candidates
- Work with the HR Manager to ensure staff have current and updated Job Frameworks
- Set up interviews, work with HOD’s to select efficient interview panel, make interview notes, make reference checks accordingly.
- 90% adherence to HR policies and procedures
- Timely recruitment of staff
- Performance review reports
- Action taken on poor performance
- Managers and staff understand the performance management process of the company
- Disciplinary is timely, efficiently and fairly handled.
Support Performance Management Process
- Train Managers on how to conduct performance reviews consistent with company needs.
- Train staff on the Performance Management Tool and provide required guidance through the process.
- Take action on poor performance as recommended by line managers on the performance review form including issuing warning letters, performance improvement plans, terminations etc.
Support the staff disciplinary and grievance process
- Draft disciplinary summons, arrange disciplinary meetings, take hearing minutes.
- Draft disciplinary letters including warning letters and suspensions.
- Arrange and sit in HOD forums.
- Work with staff representatives to timely identify and act on staff concerns across departments, provide feedback to staff on actions that have been taken regarding raised grievances/concerns.
- Sit in departmental meetings as may be required to clarify HR related issues, work with HOD’s to ensure staff monthly meetings happen, take note of HR concerns and follow up on required actions.
- Engage in counselling staff about any problems they may have, either at work or in their personal life.
- Listen, respond and resolve staff queries as presented to the HR office.
- Support the development of monthly HR reports supporting efficient people-related decisions.
Administration of staff communication and documentation
- Draft staff correspondences including transfer letters, internal memos, salary increment letters, promotion letters etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Staff grievances/concerns are timely solved.
- Presentation of accurate and timely HR reports.
- HR correspondences are accurate and clear.
Education and Professional qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Human Resource Management or any other related field.
- 4-5 years experience in Human Resource Management in a busy company.
- Basic understanding of national legal requirements relating to HR, including labour laws and administrative law.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn and adapt to the organisational policies, systems and procedures.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Sense of fairness and equity in handling HR issues.
- Absolute discretion and a high sense of confidentiality.
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have good organising skills and be able to develop plans, policies and forecasts.
- Have problem solving skills to deal with disputes, grievances and staffing problems.
- Knowledgeable in Human Resource Management Systems and with Navision as an added advantage.
- Value adding (willingness to go an extra mile for BPIL, staff and customers).
- Kindness (enthusiasm and passion).
- Strong commitment to the goal and vision of BPIL.
- Results driven.
In adherence to:
- Keeping company information, trades and operations confidential.
- Maintaining our corporate image.